Sunday, August 10, 2014

Just Breathe

It has been too long.  I don't even know if anyone has ever read my blog, so I don't know why I feel bad for not blogging!  I want to begin writing and reflecting on my teaching, though, so I guess a weekly blog entry (or more, if I can) will be a good place to start!

Thoughts right now:  I'm overwhelmed, as I always am, prior to the beginning of the school year.  I have a million different lists, both written and in my head, of things I need to plan, print, laminate, organize, do, buy, put together, etc... I have a zillion new programs and ideas I want to implement in my classroom.   School doesn't begin for another week, but I'm planning to be in every day this week to get my room ready.  I had to move to a new room, so I have a bajillion boxes to unload and put away before I can even get to the fun stuff!  My mind is racing, meaning I'm already not sleeping.  I've started having the back to school nightmares . . . you know the ones.  I can't turn it off!  It is the curse of a teacher. 

I need to just breathe.  I need to remember to be present with my little ones both here and at school.  Right now, I have three kids, who I love and adore, who need my attention.  In about a week, I will have closer to thirty, because my kids at school will be my kids.  I need to breathe, so that I can remember to just LOVE them all, and to be there for them.  The other stuff will fall into place. 

Just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment